I am going to remind myself of this definition as I go about my weight loss journey. Some people set goals which are not attainable & when they don't accomplish them they feel they have failed. I have spent too much of my life feeling like a failure & having a lack of self worth, so I refuse to ever let a goal that is unaccomplished bring me down. I strongly believe that goals are of great importance as a motivational tool, as well as a way to keep you on track- nothing more than that! So here they are:
- Workout 5-6 days a week (including resistance training 3 times per week)
Reward: After committing to it for 1 month- I join the Wisconsin Athletic Club :]
- Take the dogs for a daily walk.
Reward: Well behaved dogs! :]
- Track & write down what I eat each day.
- No soda!
Reward: Having teeth when I'm older :]
- Blog each day about my weight loss journey.
Reward: My blogging friends inspirational comments & motivation!
- Drink 6 8oz. glasses of water each day.
- Eat 5 servings a day of fruits/vegetables.
- Take a daily vitamin.
- Lose at a rate of 1 and a half - 2 pounds a week.
- Lose 20 lbs. by November 3rd, 2009
Reward: $50 Shopping spree (clothes) for every 20 lb. loss.
- Incorporate running into my daily workout routine.
- BE POSITIVE!
- Reach my goal weight of 155 lbs. by: April 14th, 2011 (my birthday)
Reward: I couldn't possibly think of a greater reward than reaching this goal! What a great gift it will be!
I will update my goals as I go along. Wish me luck!