Friday, September 25, 2009

Viva South Africa!

So I completely forgot that I had an appointment this morning, so I had to miss my WW meeting.  I was not too thrilled about this, but I will get the update on what they talked about from my mom.  I absolutely love the meetings- they are like my rejuvenation for the upcoming week.  Boo for missing!  I will save my weigh-in day for the final day of the shred.  I am super excited to have almost conquered Jillian's challenge, but at the same time (I can't believe I'm saying this) I think am going to kinda miss it.  It's so motivating to have something specific that you are working towards.  But I will just have to pick something new :]

As I'm sure many of you know, right now Weight Watchers is doing the Lose For Good Campaign.  Depending on the weight loss of the members, WW will donate up to 1 million dollars! to help feed children and families who need it.  They are also holding food drives @ every meeting & other locations as well.  Did you know 1 out of every 6 children in America don't know where their next meal is going to come from?  I find this statistic absolutely devastating.

I think it's extremely important to be grateful for what you have.  I am so appreciative that I have been so blessed throughout my life!  When I went to South Africa a few years ago It was such a wake up call for me.  The extreme poverty deeply saddened me & made me want to make some kind of difference in the world.  I mean sure I have done volunteer work at homeless shelters & nursing homes, etc., but I wish I could do something bigger.  Until I find that opportunity to make a difference on a larger scale, I am going to make a strong effort to help others in small ways.  So that my friends is my new goal! :]

Here are some pictures from my South Africa trip.  Some of the best times of my life!...



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope Everybody Is Having A Fantastic Friday! :]


3 comments:

  1. Great pics!
    Great sponsorship by WW. And you're completely right. Everybody can do something for charity, even little/small things help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - South Africa! That is awesome!

    I too, surprisingly, am going to miss Jillian a little bit. One gal said she is going to go on to a different Jillian video, one said she is going to do the P90X work-out...not sure what I'm going to do! If you find something motivating I'd love to hear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures...you with a lion cub...how cool is that? How many people actually get to do that? What a fabulous moment. Then to be with all those children, helping them and helping yourself at the same time. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete